WHAT IS H.E.L.P.
SAEA’s Health Emergency Leave Program, also known as H.E.L.P., allows all SAUSD certificated personnel to request additional days of leave due to a potentially fatal medical emergency. A maximum of 180 days may be granted in a member’s lifetime; and a maximum of three requests shall be considered.
WHEN CAN I ENROL:
- OPEN ENROLLMENT for 2013-14 is open November 1-30.
- Employee must work a minimum of 60% contract
- Employee must sign up and donate three sick days to H.E.L.P.
- Days must be deducted and verified by the SAUSD Payroll Department
- Must be out of a regular work assignment for more than fifteen consecutive work days
- Use all sick days
- Use up to 100 days of differential pay
- Provide written diagnosis from a licensed medical doctor
- Pre-existing conditions may not qualify
WHAT AILMENTS QUALIFY FOR H.E.L.P.
- Life –threatening; grave potentially fatal illness
- Severe, debilitating complications resulting from surgery
- Psychiatric illness resulting in long-term hospitalization
HOW TO ENROLL
- Complete the Enrollment Form
- Mail the completed form to the SAEA Office
- Applications must be receieved by November 30, 2013