.: Health Emergency Leave Program :.
WHAT IS H.E.L.P.
SAEA’s Health Emergency Leave Program, also known as H.E.L.P., allows all SAUSD certificated personnel to request additional days of leave due to a potentially fatal medical emergency. A maximum of 180 days may be granted in a member’s lifetime.
- Employee must work a minimum of a 60% contract
- Employee must sign up and donate three sick days to H.E.L.P. Days are deducted over three years.
WHEN CAN I ENROL:
- OPEN ENROLLMENT for 2012-13 is CLOSED. The next open enrollment period for 2013-14 will be in the fall of 2013 - more information to follow.
- Days will be deducted and verified by the SAUSD Payroll Department
- Must be out of a regular work assignment for more than fifteen consecutive work days
- Use all sick days
- Use up to 100 days of differential pay
- Provide written diagnosis from a licensed medical doctor
- Pre-existing conditions may not qualify
WHAT AILMENTS QUALIFY FOR H.E.L.P.
- Life –threatening; grave potentially fatal illness
- Severe, debilitating complications resulting from surgery
HOW TO ENROLL
- Contact your Site Representative or
- Call SAEA at 714-542-6758
- If you are already a member you do not need to reapply
Santa Ana Educators' Association
2107 North Broadway, Suite # 305
Santa Ana, CA 92706-2634
© 2009 Santa Ana Educator's Association